Old Mill Theatre & Windsor Park

South Perth, WA, Australia
2009

The 118 seat Old Mill Theatre was originally built as the Mechanics Institute Hall in 1898. These refurbishment works were the culmination of the implementation of a 2 decade long cultural and heritage strategy, which identified the 1898 Mend Street Heritage Precinct within a Master Plan for the Precinct redevelopment.

Prior to the Old Mill works commencement key milestones included the early heritage research and preparation of a conservation plan, and the refurbishment of the Bowling Club including synthetic green conversion, landscaping, carpark and Windsor Park redevelopment.

The building restoration, refurbishment and additions incorporated a full re-use conversion to a Theatre, including auditorium raked seating and technician bio-box, lobby/ bar, new front of house ablutions – split for separate Windsor Park external public use, a new kitchen, change room and shower facilities, workshop, below stage tunnel connecting the wings, acoustic controlled ducted air conditioning and stage technology.